Thursday, March 30, 2006

End of March 06

Maylie is on the move!

And into everything, I might add! She loves to help me “cook”, as you can see, and even though she only has access to two cupboards she can turn the kitchen upside down in mere seconds.

She has also taken her first steps. Her record so far is six in a row but I think it’s only a matter of time until she’s tearing around the house like a true toddler. When I think about how far she’s come in four months- to go from only being able to sit up for a short period of time and army crawling to walking- I’m amazed. She can be super adorable but also a bit naughty. She’s taken to throwing finger food from her high-chair while looking us straight in the eye as we firmly say “no”. After removing all her food she found some invisible food on her tray and began throwing that, still looking me straight in the eye as if to say, “Think you can stop me?” Or she’ll tease us and pretend to throw food before popping it into her mouth.


She’s quite the actress. She also likes to hit her head with her hand, pretend to be hurt and moan “Oooooh” to get some sympathy. Of course we’re quick to give it to her- who can resist that.


Elijah continues to enjoy kindergarten and being a big brother, so long as Maylie doesn’t interfere with his playing X-Box. It was quite the scene when she one day literally pulled the plug on his game. Oh boy. He’s learned a lot about outer space recently in kindergarten and was indignant when I had to admit I didn’t remember what a super nova was. He refreshed my memory. And speaking of memory, I still can’t beat him at Bob the Builder Memory game. He’s gone undefeated since he was five. One of these days though….

He has also decided recently that he wants to “shave” when Doug does. (no blade, no razor… just shaving cream and a good warm washcloth will do the trick) “Hey Mom! I shaved…..feel how smooth!”

Doug is approaching one of the “busy seasons” with work but is enjoying some new creative projects. And as for me…. I’m just glad it’s spring! Maylie and I have finally been able to enjoy a few stroller rides as we walk Elijah home from school. Oh, and by the way, don’t have any idea where these pictures of the Walmart masked moms came from. I mean really, would I ever do anything like that?

No comments: